Major indices open mixed in the US. Dow 4-day win streak in jeopardy
All major indices closed at record levels on Friday
The major indices are opening mixed in the US. The NASDAQ is higher. The S&P and Dow industrial average are lower.
The Dow is working on a 4 day win streak. All major indices closed at record levels on Friday.
The snapshot of the market currently shows:
- S&P index -6.58 points or -0.19% at 3692.50
- NASDAQ index up 12.6 points or 0.10% at 12478.50
- Dow industrial average at -67 points or -0.22% at 30150
in other markets:
- spot gold is trading up $1.62 or 0.09% at $1840.34.
- Spot silver is trading down $0.22 of -0.93% at $23.96
- WTI crude oil futures are trading down $0.43 -0.93% $45.84
- Bitcoin on Coinbase is trade near unchanged levels on the day at $19,206 (down $41 on the day).
Yields in the US remain lower with the yield curve flattening.